These are your Healing Foods!:
- Chicken (free range)
- Beef- (Could be a problem initially if you have milk sensitivities)
- Offal meats
- Bacon (without nitrates)
- Crispy Pork Rind (home made)
- Liver – Liver from land mammals is high in vitamin A but low in vitamin D, and should therefore be consumed with other vitamin D-rich foods such as lard or bacon from pasture-raised pigs, egg yolks, and oily fish, or during months in which UV-B light is sufficient to provide one with adequate vitamin D.
Seafood: Fished from Australian waters (shellfish and prawns can be difficult with stomach issues)
These products naturally have the essential vitamin K2 but only if the animals are grass fed.
(Please note: Dairy has two things that we are often sensitive to:
1. The milk protein, casein, and
- Cheese – well matured only
- Ghee (no casein or lactose so most people can tolerate it)
- Yogurt- (homemade and fully fermented with live cultures)
- Kefir- (homemade and fully fermented)
- Avocados (you don’t need to cook these)
- Spinach/ Silverbeet
- Green Beans
- Herbal teas
- Decaf black Coffee (‘Swiss water method’ only)
- Weak black Tea or with a little home made coconut milk
- Lemon juice, Stevia, mineral water or filtered water (good drink to use for cravings)
- Ginger tea- helps with digestion (I like to make ginger & black tea with a little bit of home made coconut milk)
- Filtered alkaline water
- Good Mineral Water such as San Pellegrino
- Soda Water (Use with alkaline drops such as AlkaBalance as soda water is acidic)
- Mayonnaise (made with olive oil, eggs yolks, lemon juice/vinegar)
- Celtic Sea Salt (very important to have 1 and 1/2 teaspoons a day)
- Salad Dressing (made with olive oil, lemon and/or apple cider vinegar, salt)
- Tomato Sauce (home made)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Stevia only (use sparingly as you want to get over the need for the sugar taste)
Stevia has a bit of a strange after taste but if you use lemon you won’t be able to
=Alcohol is dehydrating. Drink a glass of alkaline water when imbibing.
=Alcohol will slow down the rate of healing as it is hard on the liver which is our main detoxing organ.
Brazil nuts – these are a very good source of selenium
You must eat plenty of fats with your protein intake.
Protein can be changed by the body to glucose.
- I found eventually (when I got over my addictions to carbs) that these foods choices are ample for delicious meals.
- Your sweet tooth will go – I promise you.. but some people take longer than others. Eventually you will taste something sweet that you used to eat and it will be so sweet to you you won’t like it. What will happen is that your appreciation of all of your food will magnify.
- Try not to have anything sweet, not even Stevia for the first 6-12 months, as it will really help that part of your brain to disconnect that sweet reward connection.
- I found it so hard not eating the grains (not wheat – I had given that up years ago) at first until I was on this program for a while, and then I ate some and found them so boring. Just stodgy and nutritionally empty when compared to meat and vegetables.
- Remember fats are really important. They not only are a great transporter of toxins out of the body – they balance your hormonal system they also make you feel full. Not to mention that fat is the heart’s favourite food, and the most energy packed nutrient you can find! So eat up your fats.
- Generally eat until you are full. Do not under eat you do not need to and it is not helpful. I found that after being on the diet I naturally ate less and enjoyed it more. I was off the carb cycle! Hooray! This is how life is supposed to be not a slave to my blood sugar levels!