AlkaWay began operation in 2000 as Ion Life.
After some seven years, we changed our name to AlkaWay because everyone thought we were an insurance company!
We began as we are today, with co-founders Ian Blair Hamilton and Cassie Bond. Today we have our own (owned) premises in Byron Bay Australia, consisting of office, showroom, repair facility, dispatch and warehouse.
In 2010 we began development of the alkaStream, our own non-electric water ionizer , and filter, based and vastly improving upon a Chinese model.
After supplying some 7000 units of the alkaStream we decided to upgrade the basic model and began design development in the USA. Today we supply this model, the UltraStream around the world. To date (January 2018 we have delivered 10,000+ UltraStreams worldwide – even one to Kazakhstan).
The UltraStream was tested by Biochemist Tyler LeBaron, who found that in normal use it had the highest production of beneficial molecular hydrogen he had tested in any water ionizer at the time. All of this without the use of or need for electricity, circuit boards and electrolysis chambers.
We are seriously committed to spreading the message of alkaline hydrogen water throughout the world.
We remain as we began; committed to assisting as many people as we can with improving their life with the alkaline way of life – the AlkaWay Team.
CEO & Co-Founder
Ian Blair Hamilton
Co-Founder & Health Expert
Head Office: AlkaWay. Byron Bay, Australia
How AlkaWay Began
In 2000 an old friend came to see us. Victor was a ‘mad professor’ type of guy, always talking about the hidden properties of water, how to run cars on water.. and this time he was very excited. “Ian, I’ve found it!” he said. And there it was, the Jupiter Mavello water ionizer. “I’ve been trying to do this myself for years!” said Victor, “And all this time, the Koreans already had it!”
I’m relatively skeptical of mad professors unless their madness has actually manifested in real inventions, but we both loved Victor. He had retired at age 30 from a highly successful fashion career – not exactly the sort of background to engender confidence in scientific breakthroughs.
Victor set up the water ionizer on the sink, raving about the effect the water had had on him already. I took a drink. It was light and seemed to just slip down – unlike the usual bloating feeling I was used to with tap water. Cassie took a glass, drank it all and looked at me with a huge beaming smile. “We’ve got to have this!” she said.
To cut a long story short, we became the Australian distributors for Jupiter Dong Yang (later EmcoTech) water ionizers. We extended into New Zealand and introduced them to a friend in the US who is now the world’s largest Emco dealer.
From working out of our garage, in 2002 we moved into our first real ‘office’ and around 2006 years ago moved into our present premises.
We now have around a dozen staff and dealers around the world. However, our biggest achievement and our constant source of satisfaction are the hundreds and hundreds of stories we still get from people whose lives we have changed for the better.
We sold thousands of electric water ionizers until 2012 we took the huge step of designing and having manufactured our own hydrogen generating water ionizer that doesn’t need electricity. We’ve sold over 12 thousand since we began with this new, simpler and far less expensive way of regaining health. It’s now in its fourth iteration, patent pending, and we are taking it to the world.
- When we look at working with or purchasing from any business we use the internet to research them. Why? We want to know that the work we put into the transaction or relationship won’t be let down by that company. We want to know that it’s capable of supporting us, that it is not just a website, that it has real experience in its speciality, and that it has the wherewithal ($) to continue supporting us. Obviously, that’s also what our customers want. So here’s what you need to know:
- We have been around a long time. We began in 2000.
- We have been early adopters in a young industry. We were working with and selling electronic water ionizers before all the present players.
- We adapt. We aren’t trapped in a single supplier relationship. We designed our own natural water ionizer, the UltraStream, and have it made for us in California. We are always watching and learning.
- We owe nothing.
- We own our own premises here in Byron Bay Australia.
- We don’t subcontract our selling. The person who talks to you is a long term trained specialist employed by AlkaWay and onsite Monday to Thursday. (Yes, we take Friday off!)
- We do sell products that are associated with our core interests: good water, good alkaline diet and toxin-free lifestyle.
- We pride ourselves on the support we give. We constantly update our support pages and our methods of helping you, our customer.
- We believe that our capability to solve water problems for our customers is the backbone of our long-term success. People buy from us because we ARE good at helping them because we ARE specialists! If you relate to the above, you’ll understand why dealing with AlkaWay is fundamentally different.