- All Products supplied by AlkaWay are covered by our 12-month Manufacturer’s Warranty against defects. This commences from purchase date unless otherwise stated below.
- A warranty against defects is a representation communicated to a consumer that if the goods or services (or part of them) are defective, AlkaWay will:
- repair or replace goods (or part of them) or
- provide a refund as per AlkaWay refund policy to the consumer.
- Please read AlkaWay Refund Policy. This Policy is subject to Australian Consumer Guarantees (ACCC).
- Any warranty period starts from the date of purchase. To validate your warranty please keep a copy of your Proof of Purchase (invoice). You will need it if a warranty claim is made.
- If you report a fault within 14 working days of purchase we will replace the item.
- To return a product, you must contact us on 1800 268 469 to receive return instructions including a Return Authority Number (RA#). We do not accept returns without an RA#.
- Cost of freight is purchaser’s responsibility as it is not a part of our product price.
- Our Manufacturer’s Warranty ONLY applies to NON-COMMERCIAL end users. It is limited to covering defects in materials and manufactures only. It does not cover any defects judged by AlkaWay or AlkaWay Authorized Resellers to be the result of misuse, neglect, mishandling, incorrect installation or overdue filter replacement. It also does not cover damage caused by insect infestation, or by failure to prevent the build-up of calcium in hard water areas.
- Water replacement filters or cartridges are consumables and therefore not covered under our Manufacturer’s Warranty against defects unless broken during delivery or there is a manufacturer defect. (All water filters are dependent upon the quality of your source water, and will fail if excessive contaminants and sediment enter the filter.)
- Source water conditions are beyond our control. In some cases, certain contaminants may block the filter. This may result, in extreme cases, of the filter casing leaking.
- It is necessary that a water filter is replaced at least every 12 months or earlier as specified for the filter. AlkaWay Customers will receive filter replacement reminders by email every 12 months from your purchase date.
- The Manufacturer’s Warranty will extend to cover AlkaWay supplied products to AlkaWay Authorized Resellers. The Warranty starts on the purchase date. Any refund payable will be made via the Authorized Reseller in such a case.
UltraStream Family of Products 3 Year Extended Warranty
- Your UltraStream Alkaline Water Ionizer comes with a standard 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty from the date of purchase. Depending on your country, this can be extended to 3-year warranty from the date of purchase by registering your purchase details, unless the UltraStream was purchased from either AlkaWay Australia, AlkaWay UK or AlkaWay Canada, where as part of the UltraStream purchase you will automatically be registered for the 3-year warranty.
- The UltraStream Under-sink Kit’s Vented Faucet is only covered by the standard 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty from the date of purchase.
- When making a claim, it is a condition that the 3 Year Extended Warranty must be validated by a copy of the invoice as proof of purchase.
- It is a condition of the 3 Year Extended Warranty that you agree to replace the filter cartridge at least every twelve (12) months. We may ask to see a copy of the replacement cartridge invoices when making a claim.
- If you have any questions or claims please contact AlkaWay on 1800 268 469.
Your Australian Consumer Law Rights:
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled to:
- cancel your service contract with us, and
- refund for the unused portion, or reimbursement for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods.
If a failure with the goods or a service does amount to major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to reimbursement for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
- For a full list of all your Rights and Responsibilities go to Australian Consumer Guarantees (ACCC).