Riceless Chinese Cauliflower Fried Rice
When you drop the grains addiction you look around for alternatives. One great alternative we’ve managed to make into or use in many dishes is the humble yet alkaline cauliflower. mashed with grassfed butter it’s BETTER than mashed potato, and in this recipe we use it instead of rice.Ingredients
- Cut up the cauliflower into small florets so that they’ll fit into a food processor.
- Food process the cauliflower until it forms very small “rice”-like pieces.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large pot. Add in the cauliflower and let it cook on a medium heat. Stir regularly to make sure it doesn’t burn!
- Add the package of carrots and peas to a pot of water and bring to a boil. Boil for around 5-10 minutes.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a different skillet on medium heat and add in the 3 whisked eggs. Let the eggs cook a little bit before stirring it. Gently stir the eggs as if you’re making a scramble, but make sure the eggs don’t clump together too much.
- When the eggs are pretty solid, add the eggs to the cauliflower in the pot.
- Drain the carrots and peas and add to the cauliflower too.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes more and serve. Tell us what you think!