It’s ‘Water Week’ and the AWWA have issued a list of 10 pointers to keep on getting healthy water in your home. They are basic but worthwhile checking in on. For instance.. have YOU ever flushed your hot water system? (Neither have I!)
1. Clean faucets and aerators regularly
2. Clean and disinfect sinks and drains regularly
3. Keep drains clear and unclogged
4. Use cold water for drinking and preparing food
5. Replace old plumbing and install certified “lead free” fixtures
6. Flush cold water taps after household plumbing work or when the water hasn’t been used for several days
7. Drain and flush your hot water heater annually
8. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the water heater, filters, treatment devices, softeners and any other products attached to the water system
9. Do not connect hoses or other devices intended for non-drinking purposes to household drinking water faucets
10. Keep hazardous chemicals and unsanitary materials away from drinking water faucets.
I’d add.. own a water filter!!!!!! Especially one that supplements your all-important alkaline minerals.