The NEW Hydrogen Pod
Hydrogen Water Anytime, Anywhere…
Molecular hydrogen is a selective antioxidant which also supports our natural antioxidant (Glutathione) production. SAo much more than any other antioxidant
Studies indicate molecular hydrogen may actually supercharge your natural anti-inflammation cycle. Studies show post-workout stress is greatly reduced.
Every moment our body sends millions of signals to our organs, cells, muscles etc. Studies indicate H2 may support the performance of our cell signalling system. Better signalling, better life.
Why is our new HYDROGEN POD so good?
Max out your Performance...
100+ Studies on molecular hydrogen (H2) have shown beneficial effects on lactic acid build up and on muscle recovery. 170+ studies have been completed on a huge range of ailment modalities.
What is HYDROGEN WATER?
It is water with infused hydrogen (H2). Yes, we know water has H2 in its H2O. No, this is MORE H2 in water… and it’s a very, very big deal for home health management.
PORTABLE AND POWERFUL
Take the Hydrogen Pod anywhere there is water available to refill. 7 minutes creates a brew of Hydrogen (H2). That’s at full power to help you maintain and extend your vitality and daily health.
(VERY) ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
It took a long time to find the right hydrogen bottle. And there’s a big reason. We tested over 20 other portable bottles and NONE of them did what they claimed.
What Our Customers say ABOUT HYDROGEN POD
Choose Your HYDROGEN POD
Each Hydrogen Pod is slightly different. All come with the backing of Australia’s H2 specialists – AlkaWay.
Frequently Asked Questions
The recognized minimum H2 content in H2 water is 0.3 mg per litre.
This means that you would need to drink a litre of water to get the minimum required to support your health.
The AlkaWay Hydrogen Pod can produce 2.0 mg/litre. Compare this to the only published independent test of a $5000 electric water ionizer, which only managed to produce 0.3 mg/L.
It means that if you drank a litre of H2 infused water from your new Hydrogen Pod, you’d be getting around SEVEN times the amount of molecular hydrogen!
There have been no reported contraindications for intake of molecular hydrogen.
When you understand the relative size of a H2 molecule you’ll appreciate why. It sails through open space in our body. It can go everywhere, easily crossing the blood – brain barrier that other supplements cannot.
Its singular purpose is to meet and unite with a molecule in need of hydrogen.
But its size means that many H2 molecules will simply fly on through the body, leaving via the skin.
So the volume of H2 molecules we may ingest has a direct relationship to its ability to find and convert molecules that may be a part of a destructive element in the body.
Here at AlkaWay we are serious about H2 . We use the UltraStream H2 water filter, we use H2 tablets and we use the Hydrogen Pod. We even use an H2 inhaler when we meditate. The huge advantage for a Hydrogen Pod user is that you will be able to brew up a fresh and powerful batch of H2 water wherever you are – even out camping or hiking!
Our experience with H2 water is that it supports our natural metabolism.
It’s not a cure-all.
Yes, you may experience more energy and yes, other things about your health may become evident and improve.
But remember: it supports what we naturally do.
It supports production of Glutathione, our naturally produced antioxidant. It supports our natural inflammation cycle. It supports our ability to overcome allergies. By reading the many studies you’ll find amazing other ways it supports your health.
(We love to hear your stories!)
When a water ionizer costs $5000 there’s no question! It supplies more of the only good reason to buy such a device: H2.
However you still need a good water filter that removes the contaminants you don’t want in your Pod water and if that water filter produces H2 water, all the better. The Pod fills in where the UltraStream can’t go. It’s portable.
The only cost is for the small amount of electricity the Hydrogen Pod consumes.
- It comes from a company using technology we trust and understand.
- We’ve been testing the previous model Pod for almost 12 months.
- New model with thicker platinum coated titanium plates makes concentrated Hydrogen water faster.
- It has the most advanced SPE and proprietary DuPont PEM technology.
- You get top molecular Hydrogen concentrates of 1.0 ~ 1.5 PPM in a 5 or 7 minute cycle mode and more when you double the cycle like we recommend. Plus you get ORP’s of -350 to -600Mv Oxidation-Reduction.
- Get over a dozen cycles before needing another charge.
- Leave the durable borosilicate glass bottle at home and use a plastic bottle at the office or gym, with 2 bottleneck adaptor sizes included for large and small bottles.
- Premium non-toxic platinum-coated titanium electrode plates cost more but don’t leach toxic nickel, molybdenum or chromium into the water like cheap imitations.
- Works with all potable water types: distilled, RO, filtered water and purified tap water by expelling Ozone and Hydrogen Peroxide and Chlorine from tap water into a bottom waste chamber. (Some waters give better H2 levels than others).
Unfortunately, most stainless steel bottles have a mouth that is too wide to use with the Hydrogen Pod.
The Pod will flash red while it is charging and stops flashing when charging is complete.
Yes, the bubbles are a sign that the Pod is working correctly.
How the Hydrogen Pod works
SPE: Solid Polymer Electrolysis and PEM: Proton Exchange Membrane
- Water at the anode provides a source of H+ ions.
- PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) permits migration of H+ ions from the anode to cathode.
- At the cathode, H+ ions combine with electrons from the power supply (reduction reaction) to form H atoms which pair-up to form H2 gas.
- Oxygen gas produced at the anode (through oxidation of hydroxide) is vented. Chlorine gas may be also be produced, depending on source water chloride levels. This is also vented.
- PEM contains an electrolyte (SPE, solid polymer electrolyte, an electrical conductor), so electrolysis is not dependent on source water minerals.
- Lower electrical resistance between anode & cathode results in less voltage drop and more efficient electrolytic production of H2.
Chemical reaction formula :
Anode Reaction: 2H2O → O2 + 4H + + 4e-
Cathode Reaction: 4H + + 4e- → 2H2
- Distilled water, purified water, municipal tap water, bottled water, reverse osmosis water are all acceptable source water.
- High H2 concentration and ORP
- H2: 1.2 to 2.5 ng/litre
- ORP: -350 to -750mv
- Separates hydrogen and oxygen.
- Long electrolysis plate life.
- Capacity of 300ml/380ml
- Suits water bottles you can buy anywhere. No need to carry the glass container, just the base.
- Suitable for individual use, convenient for travellers.
- Lithium-ion battery with USB cable charger. Use it anywhere!
What does the science say on hydrogen and sports?
Athletic performance and recovery
Hydrogen has received a considerable amount of research regarding its benefits for athletes.
Studies have focused on decreasing healing time by speeding up healing of soft tissue injury, decreasing inflammation and plasma viscosity[i], or rather proteins in our blood which coincide with inflammation.
Hydrogen also helps by decreasing blood lactate levels leading to increased work completed before fatigue[ii][iii][iv], overall peak performance[v] as well as the potentially decreasing time needed for recovery[vi].
Hydrogen has shown to increase work capacity, time to exhaustion and VO2 max[vii], decrease soreness post exercise when administered topically[viii], and regulate our redox to eliminate exercise induced oxidative stress without blunting gains[ix][x][xi].
We have two other planned studies this year to further gather evidence on how hydrogen can be so impactful for athletes, first on recovery from muscle tears, followed by recovery from concussions in the second half of the year.
Studies and anecdotes
While I have heard countless reports from others just like me in awe of how high dose hydrogen has helped their performance and recovery, we acknowledge these are just anecdotes. While the body of science on the subject is growing every year, it is still green. Some have reported they didn’t see an improvement and whether they just weren’t paying attention or hydrogen didn’t actually help them, we don’t know. What we do know is we truly believe in our product and believe it will absolutely help you.
[iv] Sergej M. Ostojic & Marko D. Stojanovic Hydrogen-Rich Water Affected Blood Alkalinity in Physically Active Men Research in Sports Medicine Vol. 22 , Iss. 1,2014 [v] Da Ponte A, Giovanelli N, Nigris D, Lazzer S. Effects of hydrogen-rich water on prolonged intermittent exercise. J Sports Med Phys Fitness 2017 Apr 26. DOI: 10.23736/S0022-4707.17.06883-9 [vi] P.Dridab T.Trivica C.CasalscS.Trivicd M.Stojanovicab S.M.Ostojicab Is molecular hydrogen beneficial to enhance post-exercise recovery in female athletes? Science & Sports Volume 31, Issue 4, September 2016, Pages 207-213 [vii] Ostojic, Sergej, M.; Korovljev, Darinka; Stajer, Valdemar; Javorac, Dejan 28-Days Hydrogen-Rich Water Supplementation Affects Exercise Capacity in Mid-Age Overweight Women: 2942 Board #225 June 1 330 PM – 500 PM Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise: May 2018 – Volume 50 – Issue 5S – p 728–729 doi: 10.1249/01.mss.0000538402.25953.d2 [viii] Takuji Kawamura 1 ; Yuko Gando ; Masaki Takahashi ; Reira Hara ; Katsuhiko Suzuki ; Isao Muraoka Effects of hydrogen bathing on exercise-induced oxidative stress and delayed-onset muscle soreness Japanese Journal of Physical Fitness and Sports Medicine 2016;65(3):297-305 [ix] Yue-Peng Sun, Liang Sun Selective protective effect of hydrogen water on free radical injury of athletes after high-intensity exercise. Biomedical Research 2017; 28 (10): 4558-4561 ISSN 0970-938X [x] Shibayama, Yudai & Takeuchi, Kaito & Dobashi, Shohei & Koyama, Katsuhiro. (2017). Hydrogen-rich Water Modulates Redox Status Repeated Three Consecutive Days Of Strenuous Exercise.: 3298 Board #203 June 2 3. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 49. 941. 10.1249/01.mss.0000519562.97355.a8. [xi] Nogueira, Jonatas & Passaglia, Patricia & Mota, Clarissa & M. Santos, Bruna & E. Batalhão, Marcelo & C. Carnio, Evelin & G.S. Branco, Luiz. (2018). Molecular hydrogen reduces acute exercise-induced inflammatory and oxidative stress status. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 129. 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2018.09.028.
How we finally decided on our new AlkaWay Hydrogen Pod Portable.
A bottle we can take anywhere so we can always drink H2 water.
- A bottle that can actually generate the high health-giving levels of H2 water we know are necessary, and do it easily.
- A bottle constructed of the safest, non toxic materials
- A bottle that has its own batteries with multiple charge ability.
- And… a bottle we can depend on – like all of our AlkaWay products.
It took a long time. And there’s a big reason. We tested over 20 portable bottles and NONE of them did what they claimed. See Founder Ian Blair Hamilton and Alkaway Design Engineer John Carroll discuss their quest in this video. >>