My story: A Little Traveller Came Home with me.
Why do I carry an OKO travel water filter bottle whenever I travel?
This article from Sherry Brescia sums it up pretty well!
I’ll never forget the day a waterborne bug caught up with me in Northern India.
Twenty one days later I emerged from a Nepal hospital 20 kilos lighter .
If you’ve ever had a stomach bug, food poisoning or traveller’s diarrhea, you’ve experienced first-hand the power of harmful bacteria in your gut overpowering the good.
Illnesses like that create vivid memories of an intimate relationship with your toilet…and the relief when the agony finally passed!
An ideal World
In an ideal world, our only dealings with dangerous gut bacteria would be limited to the occasional “bug.”. But we don’t live in an ideal world.
There are MANY other gruesome effects of harmful bacteria overgrowth (dysbiosis) in your gut that I’d be willing to bet my firstborn that you have no clue about.
Trouble is, you NEED to know about them.
Because only then can you recognize them in yourself and more importantly, do something about it. Before it’s too late.
Here are nine of the not-so-well-known ways dangerous bacteria can harm you and possibly destroy your health:
What bad gut bacteria does
(1) They deactivate enzymes made in your pancreas (like trypsin and chymotrypsin) that are needed to digest proteins.
Result: Incomplete digestion; gas, bloating and constipation.
(2) They consume the vitamin B12 you take in with your diet, which can lead to a deficiency of B12.
Result: Pernicious anemia. B12 deficiency can also cause symptoms of mania and psychosis, fatigue, memory impairment, irritability, depression and personality changes.
(3) They produce ammonia, increasing the work on your liver and kidneys to detoxify the ammonia and eliminate it.
Result: Liver and kidney stress. Long term, chronic stress to these organs leads to failure.
(4) They inactivate the enzymes which digest sugars (like disaccharides).Result: Yup…you guessed it. Even MORE messed-up digestion and pain.
(5) They destroy essential fatty acids and turn them into free radicals.
Result: A once-essential, helpful, life-giving nutrient now becomes a disease-creating poison.
(6) They produce carcinogens (cancer-causing substances) from the food you’ve eaten.
Result: Your food becomes like arsenic.
(7) They gobble up your nutrients and then produce toxins that eat away at your gut lining, causing it to leak (aka leaky gut syndrome).
Result: This creates immune imbalance and can lead to autoimmune conditions like arthritis, fibromyalgia and lupus, to name a few.
(8) They produce enzymes that affect the normal metabolism of hormones like estrogen.
Result: “Worn out” estrogen which was ready to leave your body with your faeces gets reabsorbed instead and creates high estrogen levels, which can lead to fibrocystic breast disease and cancer.
(9) They enter the bloodstream from the GI tract and travel everywhere in the body.
Result: Infections and inflammation just about anywhere–the entire body is fair game since your bloodstream goes everywhere.
And this isn’t even a complete list!
So if you’ve been lulled into a false sense of security about your gut flora thinking, “OK, I must be fine because I don’t have stomach aches or diarrhea,” think again.
There are many things that may be quietly going on inside of you and you won’t have a clue…until the doctor says, “Uh, we have a problem here.”Don’t let that happen to you.
Especially when there’s SO much you can do to help!
Travel smart. Our OKO travel water filter bottle uses NASA based Virus Guardian technology to protect you. There’s simply nothing better.