Photo indicative of installation only: Sprite Shower Filter DOES NOT INCLUDE shower arm or rose (shower head)
For those who insist on the best.
World’s best seller, holder of 14 patents.The Sprite Shower Filter combines patented high strength construction with an exclusive patented filtration media which is extremely effective when using hot water. The high Output chrome plated solid brass Sprite Shower Filter removes chlorine for over one year or 56,000 liters – and replacement cartridge are easy to fit.
Chlorgon & KDF – The only non-carbon filtering media to remove:
- Free Chlorine (Cl–)
- Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite)
- Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell)
- Iron oxide (rust water)
- Dirt, sediment, and odours
- 1/2 inch BSP connectors (Australian Standard)
Fluoride removal: No shower filter can remove fluoride as to do so would need a very large amount of activated alumina. In fact a filter 180cm tall and 9cm in diameter would be needed to sufficiently accommodate 2 people showering over a 6-month period. Even then, the flow of the water would need to be very low.
Download Brochure here
$125.00 inc. GST
Free chlorine does not play well with the body’s health. It causes skin irritation and becomes a vapor at room temperature, causing you to breathe the chlorine in to the lungs. This is especially unfortunate considering that the molecule has been linked to cancer in studies.
Chlorine is universally used to chemically disinfect water. It kills germs, bacteria and other living organisms. Chlorine readily passes through the cell wall and attaches to the fatty acids of the cell, disrupting the life sustaining functions. The human body is composed of billions of cells. Most people are aware that the quality of their drinking water can be improved by filtering their tap water or buying bottled water. However, many do not realize that they are addressing only a part of the problem.
One half of our daily chlorine exposure is from showering. Chlorine is not only absorbed through the skin, but also vaporizes above room temperature, where it can be inhaled into the lungs, and transferred directly into the blood system. In fact, the chlorine exposure from one shower is equal to an entire day’s amount of drinking the same water. Drinking filtered or bottled water only does half the job.
Documented scientific studies conclude that taking long hot showers is a health risk. In the enclosed shower stall, chlorine vaporizes where it is inhaled. To a lesser degree, dermal absorption also occurs. As chlorine is added to kill pathogenic microorganisms, such as bacteria, the highly reactive chlorine combines with fatty acids and carbon fragments to form a variety of toxic compounds. Medical studies suggest a link between absorption and inhalation of chlorine in the shower environment, with elevated risks for diseases and serious illnesses. Showering in chlorinated water may also cause pre-existing conditions, such as asthma and eczema, to become exacerbated.
In addition to health benefits of filtering water, there are cosmetic benefits. Symptoms of chlorine exposure are dry and/or flaking skin, dry brittle hair and red irritated eyes. Filtering the shower water reduces these symptoms. Skin and hair feel softer and eyes become less red and irritated.
Sprite removes chlorine for one year or 15,000 gallons. (After which time, just purchase the replacement cartridge and be set for another year or 15,000 gallons)
Helps dry and brittle hair become softer and more manageable. Low flow shower head design saves money. Lasts ten times longer than other filters.
Sprite shower filters work on a similar principle to a Catalytic Converter in an automobile.
In shower filtration free-chlorine is converted into a harmless chloride. The scientific name for this chemical reaction is known as “Reduction-Oxidation”, commonly referred to as Redox.
In the shower environment, chlorine can either be in liquid or gas state. At higher water temperatures in the enclosed shower stall, free-chlorine moves from the liquid to the gas state, where it vaporizes and is subsequently inhaled. The United States regulates all showerhead flow at 2.5 gallons per minute. Thus, the science behind shower filtration must take into account the unique situation in the shower, including: temperature, flow rate and volume.
Patented Sprite filtration media makes it possible…
Redox reactions can be chemically complex. Simply stated, during a Redox reaction electrons are transferred between molecules, creating new elements. For instance, when free-chlorine comes in contact with the filtration media, it is changed into a benign, water-soluble chloride. This reaction changes free-chlorine to a larger chloride element. Too large to evaporate or be absorbed by the skin. It is then carried harmlessly through the water supply.
Chlorgon is one type of Redox filtration media. Researched, developed and patented by David Farley, CEO of Sprite Industries, Inc., Chlorgon converts free chlorine and some combined chlorines to a harmless chloride. Chlorgon works well in a variety of temperatures from hot to cold. It is also the active ingredient for Sprite’s Mediterranean Blue: De-chlorinating Bath Salts.
All Sprite filtered shower products contain Chlorgon.
Q: How do I install the Sprite Shower Filter?
A: You will need to take off your shower arm first from shower wall recess. Using plumbers tape (available from hardware stores) attach the Sprite to the thread protruding from you shower wall. Next (again using plumbers tape) attach the shower arm to the other end of the Sprite shower Filter.
Q. What are the advantages of reversing the cartridge?
A. Reversing the cartridge is done to provide “optimal” filtration. Be sure to shake the filter cartridge to keep the filtering materials loose. This will provide better contact time with the water and thus better filtration.
Q. At what point should I reverse the filter?
A. You can reverse the filter every month for optimal life span.
Q. If I don’t turn it around, do I still get 12 months life span?
A. Yes – just maybe not as effective over time.
Q. Does it remove any fluoride?
Yes, our cartridges are recyclable. We have two easy steps to follow:
1. Carefully poke a hole in the screen of the cartridge and empty the contents into garden soil or compost heap.
2. Place the filter cartridge in with recyclables.
You’re using the wrong test! There are two common testing kits: OTO and DPD. OTO does NOT measure free chlorine, instead outputting total combined chlorines. Our filters cause free chlorines to combine and become a harmless salt – thus making them “combined”. Please purchase a DPD testing kit to accurately test water from your Sprite filters.
|Dimensions||10 x 10 x 10 cm|
You may also like…
- Attaches to any Hose Shower
- Reversible Filter Cartridge (Model HHC)
- Cartridge Life Rating: 3 Months
The Hose-Filter (HF) is an economical filter that can be attached to any shower handle. The filter cartridge is easy to reverse or replace. The swivel-ball attachment allows the filter to adjust to any angle. The stylish design makes this filter compatible with all models.
There had to be a better, simpler, far more affordable way to alkalize, ionize and purify water. And now there is – the incredible, ‘new-generation’ UltraStream from AlkaWay.
Using our exclusive O-Dobi ionizing beads and the world’s best leading-edge filtration media all certified by USA’s highest water filter certification, UltraStream produces the same alkaline ionized antioxidant water as water ionizers 10 times the price.
- Removes Fluoride, Chlorine, Chloramines, Heavy Metals and much more.
- Adds Beneficial Alkaline Minerals. more info
- Produces Alkaline Ionized Water.
- Molecular hydrogen production.
- Tested for the life of the filter.
- Fits most kitchen taps or can be installed under the sink with undersink conversion kit.
- Designed in Australia and tested for Australian water conditions
- 3 Year Warranty
- Replacement Cartridge here
- Includes pH Reagent Test Kit
Please note: Due to higher sediment in SA and WA water and in some rainwater tanks it is strongly advised to install a Mini Paper Pre-Filter prior to your UltraStream
Please note: if you have bore water (well water) please contact us before your purchase.
The AlkaWay Acid Alkaline Food Guide in Chart Form is a wonderful resource for anyone trying to manage the transition to an alkaline based diet. This comes on heavy printed card and is gloss finished. The A3 size makes it ideal for a fridge mounted reference.
“An essential resource for the New Alkalarian” A quick reference to foods and their effect on pH levels.
Dr Susan E Brown has compiled the most comprehensive listing of common foods with their pH scores.
Based on the latest German research which puts it years ahead of anything you’ll find on the net, this is a kitchen essential.
alkaStream Replacement Cartridge
- Filter Life: 3000L/ 6 months
- Filter Micron Rating: 0.2 μM
- pH (Depends on Source Water): pH 9-11
- ORP (Depends on Source Water): -90mV to -600mV
- Dimensions (cm): Diam: 13cm, Height: 36cm
- Does NOT make Molecular Hydrogen
- Cannot be used with the ULTRASTREAM- Please check the image at left to make sure you choose the correct filter!
- SEE replacement instruction video BELOW!
Since AlkaWay designed their new model the UltraStream, AlkaWay has discovered the very important ingredient that is in electronic ionizers and also in the UltraStream – this is Molecular Hydrogen. If you would like to upgrade from your AlkaStream, please give AlkaWay a call.
Watch the comparison video here
Call us for a special upgrade deal to the UltraStream!
1/4 Tube inlet/outlet.
includes mounting clip
- Protects water filter housings
- Resists water hammer
- Prevents backflow
- Easy installation
- Guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship
The APEX FILTAMATE is a state of the art valve incorporating pressure limiting and dual check functions. Which is designed to limit downstream excess pressure on Water Filters, Fridges with Ice Makers, Coffee Machines etc. In addition the APEX FILTAMATE is also designed to inhibit downstream pressure build up by water hammer and protect against backflow.
Ultraviolet Disinfection System
- Optional Extra for the AlkaWay Whole of House Complete Filtration System
- Includes UV Lamp, Quartz Sleeve and Stainless Steel Casing.
- 304 Stainless Steel vessel UV Filter effectively removes 99.9% of bacteria at 45 litres per minute flow rate
- Use with rain tank water for greater disinfection safety.
- Replacement Parts here
Go to AlkaWay Whole of House Filtration System for more information on the Ultraviolet unit
Click here for the installation and maintenance manual
Pentek CBC -10 Pre-Filter
- Fine sediment
- Chlorine taste and odor
- Bad taste and odour
- Protozoan cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia in residential and commercial drinking water
- Nominal filtration rating of 0.5 micron
Requires a Pre-filter Housing.
Dr. Sarah Lantz Phd, brings to light the chemicalised world in which we live. How do our children react to these chemicals and what impact do they have on ourselves and the environment. Take a journey through the numerous case studies and personal one on one interviews. Why are organic foods better for us?
Advanced Replacement Filter for all filter bottles
NOTE: This filter has a very high filtration rate which is only needed for 3rd world countries
- Fill2Pure 800ml Stainless Steel Filtration Bottles
- 380 litre capacity.
- The advanced filter comes with a yellow sticker on the side which says Advanced so you can differentiate between your standard filter from your advanced filter if you have both.
Sorry, that product is no longer available.
- The Fast Flow, Advanced and Alkaline filter will filter 380 litres of water.
- The bottle is BPA free (FDA approved # 4 and # 5 plastics and food grade materials)
- It actually filters – as you drink!
- It even removes heavy metals, chlorine and fluoride!
- Helps save the environment from plastic water bottles.
- Removes chlorine, fluoride bacteria and heavy metals – as you drink!
- Size : 800mL
You can choose from 3 Bottle Types:
- Fast flow filter version comes with a free AlkaSachet which will deliver 100 litres of alkaline ionized super hydrating water.
- Advanced filter version is recommended for 3rd world water supplies only (contains iodine) PLEASE NOTE: THIS FILTER IS MORE DIFFICULT TO GET WATER THROUGH. AlkaSachet not included
- pH Alkalizing filter version doesn’t need an AlkaSachet to alkalize. It has the same filter technology as the Fast Flow filter but the pH alkalizing filter includes highly effective mineralising beads which add beneficial minerals to the water after it is filtered raising the pH Level of the water. The resulting pH Level is dependent on the pH level of the source/starting water. The pH level is stable in the water for up to 30 days. The pH Alkalising filter is perfect for those with health issues, those wanting to increase their alkalinity or for general well being.
- Removes up to 99.99% of contaminants
- Removes Chlorine* and Fluoride**
- Includes built-in pH filter to alkalise and ionise water
- Large 3 Litre Capacity
- Replaceable absolute 2 micron filter (^approx 600 Liters)
- Save money – just 25c per litre
(or just 17c per litre after the first filter replacement)
- Over $1 Million spent on research in 20 countries
- Made from BPA-free plastic
- Fits easily into most refrigerators
- Flip-top lid for easy filling
- Non-slip handle
- For more information go to this link here
- Replacement pH filters here
^Please Note: See notes below regarding filter life in WA and SA.
NOTE: TO AVOID PREMATURE BLOCKING OF FILTER IN HOT WEATHER STORE IN FRIDGE
Fluoride plus KDF Pre-filter Package with all you need to Filter out Fluoride
- 2 x white 10″ pre-filter casings
- 1 x Fluoride pre-filter – Reduces Fluoride
- 1 x KDF pre-filter- Reduces heavy metals and chlorine
- White 1/4″ hose
- 4 John Guest 1/4″ fittings
- Installation instructions.
- For optimal Fluoride removal replace the Fluoride pre-filter every 6-12 months depending on use.
- KDF replacement cartridges available here & Fluoride replacement cartridges here
*The UltraStream already contains the KDF filtration.
Installation video click here
- Replace filter cartridge every 2,000 litres (around 8-12 months) depending on water condition.
- Requires a 10″ filter housing.
*The media in this pre-filter is made from the same material as rubies and sapphires. This material will not harm those persons will Thyroid issues.
The IonWays will install inline on a current water filter, or inline on a fridge drinks dispenser to provide superb, alkaline water.
In hard waters situations it may be coupled with a Reverse Osmosis system to post-alkalize the RO purified water.
Please Note: We advise the AlkaLina is best for RO systems as it will alkalize and create molecular hydrogen.
- 1 x IonWays Cartridge
- 2 x 1/4″ John Guest Connectors
(note: does not require any filter casing)
- Alkaline minerals such as Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium and Sodium
- Creates a negative oxidative reduction potential (ORP)
- Every 12 months
How did baby Jenna recover from severe eczema and 24 different food allergies? How did saturated fat and organic foods help heal her digestive system and improve overall health.
Could her mothers diet consisting of refined processed foods and additives like MSG & Aspartame be to blame?
It’s amazing where you will find MSG!
Kangen Water Ionizer Filter Replacement PJ-6000
This replacement filter fits the Chanson VS-70, PL 735, Angel, Eden, Violet, and Miracle, Miracle MAX, Revolution and Royale water ionizers. Filter replacement should occur every 6 months if used without a prefiltration system, or every 12 months with a prefiltration system.
Made from granulated copper and zinc-based alloys that treat water through a process based upon the principle of Oxidation-Reduction (Redox)
- 0.2 kg of KDF55 plus GAC (Granulated Activated Carbon)
- Removes Chlorine/Taste/Odour/Heavy metals
- Chlorine Reduction: 20,000 litres
- Flow rate: 3 L/min
- Max. Pressure: 125 PSI ( 0.86 MPa )
- Max. temperature: 40deg C
- Service life: 12 months or 9000L.
Requires Pre-filter housing
- 1 Micron filter
- Use for Rainwater or other non Town Water as a pre-filter to prevent expensive filters block up too quickly.
- Washable Filter – wash and reuse as long as the paper filter remains intact.
- Tank or other non Town water clogs more expensive filters quickly with organic sediment and the paper pre-filter can be removed from its housing and washed out under the tap before replacement.