Doulton Ceramic filter replacement Cartridge
The Doulton Ceramic replacement water filter cartridge combines our class-leading ceramic, micro-porous outer shell.
Cleanable ceramic shell
The cleanable ceramic shell is designed to remove suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, and cysts.
History of ceramic filters
Ceramic filters have a history as a means of filtering water dating back to the early 1800s, when reliable drinking water sources were not available in most countries. That history and development from the early filters have allowed progression to today’s ceramics.
Advanced filtration of waterborne contaminants
Our advances in the ceramic filtration manufacturing process result in a more effective and efficient means of treating a wide range of waterborne contaminants. Our modern manufacturing practices give our ceramic elements a more controlled and consistent pore structure. The inclusion of silver gives the filter bacteriostatic properties, which prevent mitosis (grow through) and are self-sterilizing. Using ceramic filters as a means of treating and filtering water is not new, the benefits, however, remain for many reasons.
Benefits of the ceramic filter:
- A tried and true method of removing pathogenic bacteria and harmful cysts from treated and untreated waters alike.
- Cleanable, so instead of throwing away another filter when it clogs, you simply clean the ceramic to restore the flow rate, and save money.
- The tight porosity of the ceramic slows the water flow through the filter allowing for sufficient contact time with the core material allowing for better contaminant reduction.
- The ceramic shell protects the core media from premature failure due to bio-fouling (accumulation of microorganisms, algae, etc, on the surface).
- Retains healthy minerals; takes out the bad and leaves in the good.
- Ceramic filters can operate under low pressure making it a diverse filtration medium.
What the filter removes and for how many litres:
Doulton Ceramic filter replacement cartridge – Contaminant Removals from the manufacturer’s
- 99.99% of Cholera
- 99.99% of Cryptosporidium
- 99.99% of E. Coli
- 99.99% of Giardia
- 99.99% of Klebsiella Terrigena, Particulates (Class I)
- 99.99% of Salmonella
- 99.99% of Shigella
- 97.00% of Turbidity
Ideal for rainwater tank pressurized systems (when used with 1mu sediment pre-filter). Also town water systems in older developed suburban areas and states with high mineral content in the water sources.
The flow rate on these elements will gradually reduce due to build-up on the outer surface of the element, this is normal. When this occurs, the flow can be restored by removing the candle and scrubbing the surface with either a brush or Scotch-Brite™ type pad under cool running water, or in a bowl ensuring that the threaded end does not get contaminated. Never use soap or any detergent when cleaning the filter element. The filter does not require to be conditioned after cleaning, only when it is first installed.
Important Note: Our filter elements contain carbon, and black particles may be seen in the water that runs to waste. This is normal and will clear.
These elements contain silver and do not require sterilisation.
Our filter elements contain water treatment media to remove specific contaminants and dissolved chemicals; they will not reduce dissolved minerals from water. A TDS meter should not be used when testing water after a ceramic filter element as the results will not be accurate and more than often will result in a higher reading than before the ceramic element. This is due to the materials that the element is made from, which are mineral-based.
If the filter elements are left unused for extended periods of time, allow the filter to run for 5 minutes before resuming use. In gravity applications, simply discard the first supply of water that has been filtered.