It’s not hard to see when a really good PR consultant is at work. The long leggy Elle McPherson suddenly appears on high volume newspaper weekend supplements promising her secret to feeling fabulous at 50. God Bless PR.
Elle, it seems, is a new director of a new company that produces yet another powdered greens supplement. This one of course promises everything the others promises.. energy, vitality, antioxidant, immunity etc etc etc.
Look, I’m actually jealous. Jealous of the company that can afford to have Elle get down to almost nothing and pose for us. It’s not voyeurism (well, maybe a bit!). The facts are she’s one stunning piece of humanity!
But is there anything about the Greens that make them special?
Let’s check on their ingredients compared to our SevenPoint2 Greens formulated by a top naturopath. We’ll see how the ingredients compare plus we’ll see whether it really is an alkalizer. I’ve taken this list direct from her website.
- Certified Organic Barley Grass*. also in 7.2 Greens
- Certified Organic Wheatgrass*, also in 7.2 Greens
- Pineapple, Also in 7.2 Greens but in organic certified form.
- Apple, also in 7.2 Greens
- Certified Organic Alfalfa*, also in 7.2 Greens
- Spinach, also in 7.2 in organic certified form
- Goji Berry, Not in 7.2 but not an alkalizer
- Apple Pectin, Not an alkalizer
- Fructo oligosaccharides (FOS), Mainly indigestible and large amounts in the colon may provoke gastrointestinal symptoms.
- L-Glutamine, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Linseed Meal, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Psyllium Husk, Not an alkalizer and not in 7.2 Greens
- Lemon, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Lime, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Beetroot, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Carrot, in 7.2 Greens
- Natural Pineapple Flavour, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Natural Lime Flavour,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Xylitol, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Acai, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Pomegranate, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Calcium Citrate,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Papaya,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Probiotic Blend (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Bifidobacterium Lactis, Bifidobacterium Longum),
- Certified Organic Spirulina*,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Astragalus Extract,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Broccoli, in 7.2 Greens
- Grape Seed Extract,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Kelp,Not in 7.2 Greens Good alkalizer.
- Magnesium Citrate, Not in 7.2 Greens Good alkalizer
- Milk Thistle Extract, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Eleutherococcus senticosus Extract (Siberian Ginseng), Not in 7.2 Greens
- Zinc Gluconate, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Dandelion Leaves Extract, In 7.2 Greens Good alkalize
- Maitake Mushroom Extract, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Shitake Mushroom Extract ,Not in 7.2 Greens
- Green Tea Extract, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Turmeric, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Aloe Vera, Not in 7.2
- Horsetail, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Sweetener (steviol glycosides),Not in 7.2 Greens
- Copper Gluconate, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Beta Carotene, Not in 7.2 Greens
- D-Biotin, Not in 7.2 Greens
- Selenium Methionine. *Certified Organic by the ACO and USDA. Not in 7.2 Greens
- Gluten Free.7.2
- Ingredients not in Elle’s blend. (we are assuming that if she doesn’t say organic, it ain’t.Organic certified Oat powder
- Organic Certified brown rice extract powder
- Organic certified Agave
- Organic certified parsley
- Organic certified Cabbage
- Organic certified dandelion leaf
- Organic certified carrot
- Organic certified kale
- Organic certified spinach
- Organic certified broccoli sprouts
- Organic certified rasberry flavour
- Organic certified guar gum
- Natural Lo Hai berry extract.
- –Ian’s Summary:I eat greens to alkalize. I don’t eat greens to change health symptoms. Elle’s Greens mix is similar to may products that cater to the fast lane idea of taking one supplement for everything. I’m not suggesting her blend does what others do, which is add so small an amount of these extra superfoods as to be irrelevant, but I’d like to know how much of these are in there.
So for me, it’s my choice – my right – to have a Greens that alkalize, and supplements that supplement!Now to the all-important $’s.
- Elle’s powder costs you $145 for just 300 grams. Yes, you can refill her super sexy pack for $85.00 So what’s that per kilo to try the product? $483.
- SevenPoint2’s Greens come in a 285g punnet. Nothing sexy about it and the cost is $70 or $233 a kilo. So.. roughly speaking, when you buy Elle’s product she costs her package at SIXTY dollars….Ah well. she s beautiful.